Living With Jen

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Shrimp Sauce

The other day Jen when to the grocery store on her own, this in retrospect was a mistake she should never again go alone. Now you might think this is me being controlling, but in reality we have a very tight budget and can no longer afford what Jen thinks we need, mainly because to her it is "yummy." Some of what she spent the $120.00 on was useful, we needed Bisquick and peanut butter, toilet paper (to Jen 20 rolls is not enough), but when she made that one purchase that now, two days later I still can't comprehend. She bought, shrimp sauce. WTF? Did she get shrimp, no, does she plan to get shrimp, some day, have I ever seen her eat shrimp, no, but it is yummy. Now I hate shrimp almost as much as I hate hippies, so I know I don't plan on cooking it. Plus, good shrimp is between 8-11 dollars a pound. We can't afford that stuff. "But its yummy and I might want it." She that is Jen's MO, she loves to buy stuff that is cute or yummy that she might need some day and feels if she doesn't buy it right then and there it will be gone for ever and she will be doomed to search the Earth wanting what she can't have. This is my life now. It would piss me off if it wasn't so damn funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home